FirePasswordViewer is the GUI version of popular FirePassword tool designed to decrypt sign-on secrets stored by Firefox. Firefox records the login Details such as username and password for every website authorized by the user and stores them in the sign-on database file in encrypted format.
FirePasswordViewer tool can decrypt and display these secrets on the same lines as the Firefox built-in password manager. The main advantage of FirePasswordViewer is that it does not require Firefox to be running. This is very useful in recovering the sign-on details when Firefox fails to function properly. Also FirePasswordViewer can be used to display sign-on secrets from different profile (other than current profile) as well as from the different operating system (such as Linux, Mac etc) altogether. This greatly helps forensic investigators who can copy the relevant files from the target system to test machine and view the credentials offline without affecting the target environment. The displayed sign-on information can then be saved to a file in standard HTML format which can be used as valuable and quick offline reference.
Features of FirePasswordViewer
* Instantly decrypt and recover stored encrypted passwords from 'Firefox Sign-on Secret Store' for all versions of Firefox.
* Supports recovery of passwords from local system as well as remote system. User can specify Firefox profile location from the remote system to recover the passwords.
* It can recover passwords from Firefox secret store even when it is protected with Master Password. In such case user have to enter the correct master password to successfully decrypt the sign-on passwords.
* Automatically discovers Firefox profile location based on installed version of Firefox.
* Passwords are not shown by Default for security reasons as it is sensit
Screenshots are not available currently.
What's New in FirePasswordViewer 2.6
Release notes are not available currently.
No additional system requirements.